2017 Summer After School Programs
Glendale Branch Library: Tuesdays 4:00
Marmalade Branch Library: Thursdays 3:00
Art Summer Camp 2017
June 26–30 – grades 6 – 8
8:30am – 4:30pm – Hammers, Textiles and Patterns: Girls Camp – Are you ready to get creative with recycled items? We’ll create string from plastic bottles, fuse plastic bags to make pencil pouches, and build looms to weave fabric and plastic. Color chemistry is also on the agenda! Students will explore patterns and color using batik and henna. Come prepared to be outside each day under shade tents—We promise, we'll keep cool with plenty of water and squirt guns. Drop off and pick up take place at NHMU. This is an outdoor camp that will take place around the Museum site. This camp meets at Natural History Museum of Utah: Register here.
July 10–14 – grades 3 – 8
9AM – 12PM – Monster Lab Sewing School – Sew monsters and more! Register here.
1PM – 4PM – Gizmos & Gadgets – Fun with physics - make stuff, play games, be a science whiz. Register here.
July 12 – Ages 7 – 12
10AM – 12PM – Color Explosion! – Get messy with colorful spin art and tie dye. Bring your own cotton tshirt to dye. This camp meets at Southwood Park: Register here.
July 15 – Ages 7 – 12
10AM – 12PM – More colorful art! – It's Creative Reuse Center Bounce-back day! Come to our studio and create more colorful art. $10 with a Bounce Back ticket from Murray City Park camps, $25 regular price. Register here.
July 17-21 – grades 6 – 8
8:30am – 4:30pm – Geometry and Art – Squares, circles and triangles - geometric shapes are the building blocks for almost everything. Join us as we explore geometry's role in traditional and modern art. We’ll build string art, design papercut tessellations inspired by MC Escher, and draw our surroundings like Piet Mondrian. Together, we will create a 3D sculpture inspired by Wasily Kandinsky, and we’ll use our repeating pattern designs to create fancy fabrics. Come prepared to be outside each day under shade tents—We promise, we'll keep cool with plenty of water and squirt guns. Drop off and pick up take place at NHMU. This is an outdoor camp that will take place around the Museum site. This camp meets at Natural Museum of Utah: Register here.
July 31–August 4 – grades 3 – 6
9AM – 12PM – Maker Lab – Build a water wheel, design the strongest bridge, and make a soap-powered boat. Register here.
1PM – 4PM – Sculpture & Mobiles – Play with shapes and balance in 2D and 3D art inspired by Kandinsky, Miro, Picasso, and Calder. Build a staybile and a mobile. Register here.
AUGUST 9 – Ages 7 – 12
10AM – 12PM – Cardboard Warriors! Travel to medieval times and build your own battle armor (and horses, carts, and more) from cardboard, tape, and other found objects. This camp meets at Germania Park: Register here.
August 11 – Ages 7 – 12
10AM – 12PM – More cardboard art! – It's Creative Reuse Center Bounce-back day! Come to our studio and create more cardboard art. $10 with a Bounce Back ticket from Murray City Park camps, $25 regular price. Register here.
August 14–18 – grades 2 – 5
9AM – 12PM – The Sweet Life – … pop art with Andy Warhol and cake and pie in art with Wayne Thiebaud Register here.
1PM – 4PM – Art + Science = Wonder Register here.
Prices, unless noted otherwise:
Morning Session: $130
Afternoon Session: $130
All day (stay through lunch): $280
Aftercare – pick up by 5PM – $10/day
Older students are welcome to join any program.
- Each camp is designed to capture the attention and interest of your child and is targeted for the grade they will enter in the fall of the current year.
- Summer Camps run in week-long half-day or full-day formats (we have one 3-day and one 4-day week due to July holidays).
- Camp sessions vary in price, depending on grade, length of day, and duration of week. Check individual listings.
- Several programs are located offsite. Check individual camp listings for more information.
- Clever Octopus membership provides additional discounts! If you have a membership, we have a discount code for you! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need this code.
- Campers enrolled in full day sessions bring their own non-refrigerated lunch from home along with a drink. We offer a supervised lunch hour that includes time to explore outside.
- Because we are still putting the finishing touches on the schedule, we reserve the right to make a few final changes!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or 801.441.0866